Los Callejeros wants to take everybody on a musical journey to different worlds, inspired by intercultural encounters, both local and international. With their incomparable sound of the world-mestizo beat, these globetrotting artivists will swipe you off your feet in an overwhelming party.
Every callejero adds his own musical identity to the melting pot, freely experimenting with Afro-latin grooves, Etnic-folkmusic, reggaeskanks, jazz and rock, balkan gipsy stuff and a pinch of European tears.
Their urban slang poetry sings about the great clichés of life, social conscience and the great themes of our world in different languages. Los Callejeros has a reputation for being a heart-warming musical surprise.
Los Callejeros bestaat uit:
- ‘El Paquito’ Frank Mercado Avalos : vocals, quena, gaita and accordeon
- ‘El QT’ Peter Morris : vocals, guitar
- ‘El Jéfé’ Jef Gravez : double bass
- ‘Dr Chaos’ Luis Valle Moya : guitar, jarana and quijada
- ‘El Diablo’ Christophe Millet : congas and percussion
- ‘El Doeffe’ David Vertongen : drums and percussion
- ‘El Dino’ Sam Versweyveld : trumpet, concha, scrutie-box and vocals
- ‘Danito Morado’ Daan Morris : trombone, keyboard and vocals